Friday, March 31, 2006

Ahh my poor Trenton

I decided to switch dentists with Trenton, as I didnt particulary care for the dentist we currently had. Trenton has 2 fillings, and both of these kept falling out. I mean both, twice, in a six month time span. And he didnt use novacain to kill the pain, he just did the freezing gum thing and also no laughing gas. And in the 2 years he had been going, they have never taken an Xray.

So I decided it was time to switch dentist and see what a different one did. Well we chose a pediatric dentist. So his appointment was yesterday. OMG. Heres what we get to do in the next month:

Visit 1: A cleaning and flouride treatment. No big deal.

Visit 2: Extraction of tooth L, as it is abscessed and no way to save it. Joy! This was caught on the XRay, btw. This is also the tooth that has had the filling fall out twice. This will actually be done under general anestetia (god I know I spelled that wrong).

Visit 3: A Crown for tooth I. As it is abscessed, but savable. Joy! Also caught by the Xray. This tooth has filling.

Visit 4: A crown for tooth S. As it is abscessed, but savable. Joy! (notice the sarcasm in that). Also, alas, caught by Xray. This tooth has a filling. Which is not there at the moment, because the last dentist, pulled it while she was flossing his teeth, and they decided he could wait a month before it was refilled. Wha????? (That was the clencher of changing dentists) Also, at this appointment, we will have one of his molars filled.

Visit 5: We get to get two more molars filled.

Visit 6: We get fitted for a spacer for the tooth that was extracted.

Visit 7: We get the actual spacer placed, and we are all done. YAY!

Now this is gonna cost us almost $1700, and thats with insurance, covering a good portion of it. I feel so bad for this poor baby. Makes me wanny cry. Okay, well, I did cry. Dammit he is only 5, why the hell does he have to go through this, and hopefully this is not a precursor to the rest of his life and teeth. Gah.

EQUpdate: Did not play, was not in a mood too. Although I was playing Luxor on the zone.com.

No comments: