Monday, August 25, 2008

08-25-08

I have to tell you that I am quite jealous of my husband at the moment. Not due to the fact that he is unemployed (that severely sucks), but because he can be at home with the children right now. He gets up and fixes them breakfast and then takes Trenton to school. Then he and Nathan spend the morning doing things together.

This morning they folded clothes, did dishes, tore out my sunflowers and hung the heads up to dry. Then they took a bath and now they are playing games and trying to figure out lunch and dinner. Yes, I fully admit that I am jealous.

I have another zucchini growing in my garden. It was so good. This is what I did and how I will probably do it from here on out. I took some EVOO (damn that Rachel Ray =p) and drizzled that in a pan. Then I took peppers, onions, and probably about 5 cloves of garlic and started cooking that up. About 5-6 minutes. Then I added the cut zucchini’s in. After that, I added a couple tablespoons of butter, and some soy sauce (not a lot). Then when the veggies were all done, I throw in some diced tomatoes, let that sit for about 30-45 seconds, just enough to get a little heat into the tomatoes, and wa-la: heaven on a plate. Damn that was good.

School is going well for me. I believe, think, hope, lol. The math class is pretty cool. They have this set-up where there is no book needed for class as everything is done online. The studying is the best though. You can do the problems over and over and over again, as the same type of problem will change. So you have 35x^-2/xy^-3. You get that solved but want to another? Sure, no problem. The next problem it will give you is 32x^-5/x^2y^-7. So it is the same problem, just different numbers. It is awesome, I totally love it. I am going to talk to my teacher, hopefully tonight and see if this will be available for Trig for next semester. God I hope so.

The religion class is going good as well. It is very interesting, and it is so much fun, it really is. We will guest speakers throughout the semester. I think the total was 5 guest speakers. We will have a field trip into Chicago. I cannot wait for that. And, of course, there is the obligatory research paper. Yikes! I have been thinking of doing my paper on how Christmas traditions were taking from the pagans to convert them over to Christianity. We shall see.

The boys are doing wonderfully. They are enjoying school, for the most part. Well Trenton is hanging in there and Nathan is just enamored with school, of course, lol. On Friday when Scott took Nathan to school, they were playing on the playground and Nathan was being all clingy, Scott was thinking he would have to play the asshole to get him to go to class. I guess he was refusing to let go of Scott while they were out there. Well Scott was thinking all wrong, lol. When the bell rang for the kids to get in line and start heading to their classrooms, Nathan looked at Scott and said, “Bye dad!” and took off running and got in line. That had to be great, hehe.


Well I think that is it for now. Off to start working on my EQ post =p

No comments: