Monday, August 18, 2008

EQ 08-18-08

It’s announced: The Shadow Odyssey.

Feature Set:
1. Journey through more than 20 new zones, including the new overland zone, Innothule.

2. Experience nostalgic EverQuest dungeon themes, such as Najena, Mistmoore and The Sebilisian Empire, and adventure through more than 18 goal-based dungeons, such as Ruins of Guk and Befallen.

3. The Achievement Point level cap will be increased to 200 to offer new achievements for class- specific lines.
4. A new Dungeon Delving mission system for players to replay content with new and different experiences.
5. A new, mysterious group of erudites with powerful new armor and equipment will barter for void shards earned during your encounters.
6. Five new Heritage Quests with unique rewards being added.
7. Epic tales of the odyssey are told through battles with dozens of new creatures and hundreds of new quests.
8. Two new deities have been introduced into Norrath, Rodcet Nife and Anashti Sul.
9. Includes Desert of Flames™, Kingdom of Sky™, Echoes of Faydwer™ and Rise of Kunark™ expansion packs, and The Bloodline Chronicles™, The Splitpaw Saga™ and The Fallen Dynasty™ adventure packs.
10. Includes Legends of Norrath™ strategic online trading card game, digital starter deck and booster pack.


I was kind of disappointed with the lack of a level increase. But now that I have thought about it, it really doesn’t bother me all that much anymore. It gives me over a year to get my armourer (might make her a tailor with Modex being off and on) to level. It gives Krys over a year to get 24 more points in Transmuting and build up stock for the next level increase. It gives all my toons over a year to get masters, armor, and so forth. It gives the guild a chance to get more levels. It gives me a year to get the last three to level 80 adventurer =p

I also think it sounds a lot like LdoN from EQ1. Which, right now, sounds like a lot of fun. I am actually getting kind of excited about it. Didn’t think I would.


Guild halls: OMG, the price!!!!

That’s okay, the guild members are such wonderful troopers. We have 123pp sitting in the bank atm, and we are slowly working on building up more. /nods. I made over 125 adept 3’s yesterday and about 30 pieces of furniture out of all the rares in the bank. They are still over 10 loams, 10 hard metals, 30 roots, and 30 pelts sitting in there. Unforunately, we do not have a tailor (Modex) online until this weekend, so he can make those into quivers/armor/bags. If I had to gander a guess, that would probably be 100pp right there, giving the various prices things can be put up for.

I also emptied the guild collection bank and put all those up. No big ones, lol, I think the highest priced one I put on the broker was approximately 5g. But if you go through my three toons with stuff listed on them there is around 20pages. Yikes. The whole guild really came together this weekend when the price of the hall came out. I am really impressed with it.

Our goal is guild level 50 by the release of guild halls and the purchase of a Tier 2 hall. I really hope they up the item limit though. 10 rooms, I can see two rooms being dedicated to crafting, lol. With a banker, harvesting depot, the broker, and so forth. I am very excited at this prospect. I really hope that the Devs will drop the price a tad, and up the item limit on the halls. Also would like to see it on the island and not in town.

Okay I think that’s it for now. See you in game!!!

No comments: