Wednesday, June 17, 2009

EQ 06-17-09

Ahhh, good ole Everquest2.

I actually cancelled my account at the beginning of April, if you can believe that. There was just too much going on and I need to get rid of the time sink of EQ. But I re-subbed in May after school finished up, and life slowed down some. When I came back I actually sat and focused on a Coercer that I made. I didn't log into any of my higher level toons really until about last week. I just wanted to lose myself in the game and not have to worry about talking to anyone.

My goal with my Coercer, Calipso, is to see how many AA's I can get. So she is level locked and omg are there about 1 billion quests out there. At level 36, iirc, she has 71 AA's. I am actually ready to unlock her and move up to level 40, but I have to finish two zones yet, one in CL and the other in Ant.

But I need a break from her, and I am ready to play Krys and Zym. Krys does have her mythical now. I started raiding and then well that's when the shit hit the fan and I cancelled my account. I would love to go back to raiding, but the more I think about it, I really doubt I will be able to do that. I just really don't have to time, and I have being scheduled to play a game. I don't mind generally, because I am online almost every night, but there are times, I really don't care to worry about getting home by 8pm and logging in. Especially now that it is summertime and the boys are enjoying staying up late.

GU52: Interesting. I am not sure what I think about the Research Assistants. On one hand, its great not having to put out thousand of plat (Wizard and Defiler spells cost a ton) but it still feels odd. Although I have to say the first thing I did when I logged in yesterday was run to the RA and have him start researching Ball of Magma, err, Ball of Fire 14, or whatever the hell it's called now.

Ya the spell renaming is going to take a few weeks/months to get used to. Looking at the parser last night, I kept looking for Bolt of Ice. Ya, that didn't work too well.

The xp changes for those of us at cap though. ROCK ON!!!! I ran Scion of Ice last night and hell if I could remember what %AA I started out at. Its either 56% or 66% and I finished the run, after turning in the shard quest and the DD quest at 85%. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!! I don't have to do 4 million quests if I don't want too. I can grind it out!! (Never in a million years did I ever think I would be excited to grind out XP /shock!)

The Sentinel's Fate: Trademark the other day. Now we get to contemplate. Which I don't think I will except for level 90 and more AA's. But I will say, that I am torn. While I would love to go back to Odus or Velious, I would also like something that is new. I want fresh continents. But I really guess if it is Norrath, they have to use the same continents. Lets hope its a good expansion. I will comment more after SOE release the info on it.

-Krys

No comments: