Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Easter

Well its been busy busy this past week or so. Easter came and went. It was fun. Saturday started out kind of bad for us. Trenton and Nathan were both really cranky. Trenton had just gotten in trouble for something, so Scott sent him to go lay in bed and calm down. I was getting ready to take a nap (had to get prepared for an Unrest run =p) and I told him to come lay with me. So then Nathan followed us, and Trenton told him to be quiet and get out as he had a headache. Next thing I know it is two hours later and we are both just starting to wake up. Trenton was in a much better mood.

Then Scott decided it was time for him to take a nap. I began fixing lunch for Trenton and myself (as Nathan had already eaten) and I take a glimpse of Nathan. He is sitting on the floor, watching cartoons and looks like he is ready to fall over asleep. So I tell him, "Why don't you climb up on the couch and get comfy, relax for a few minutes and watch your show?" Sure enough, he was out like a light, and I tossed him in bed with Scott.

Finally, everyone in the house is awake, alert and ready to go with no attitude. Now it is time to color Easter eggs, and do you think Scott picked up easy egg coloring kits? Of course not. It wasn't too bad. There was a tie dye egg kit and a glitter egg kit. The boys had a blast doing this and it was great. They could not wait to to see what the Easter bunny had brought them and find the eggs.

Now, I have hardly made comments about my Mother In Law (MIL for short) but I need to now. You see, she showed up on Saturday around 3 or so, to drop off Easter baskets for the boys, but what she failed to tell us, was that she was going to stick around, because Tom had to go to Belvidere and do some work out there. Now MIL lives in BFE (about 1 1/2 hours away) and commutes to Rockford everyday. So does Tom. They live together and have one flipping car. WTF? I cant imagine that. Anyhow. So then she ends up staying until 7:30pm. Seriously. After all the time she spent at my house over the winter, because Tom was on second and she was on first and they didn't want to drive two cars. Get the hell out of my house already. I am still salty over that.

About 5:30 she decided she needed to go over to Modex's and see his daughter and give to her, her Easter basket. She looks at Scott and asks to borrow my car (grrrrrrrrrrrr). Scott tells her, she needs to call over there first. So she does, finds out Modex is not home, and then she just tells (doesn't ask) tells Sarah that she will be there in about 5 minutes. Another WTF?

When she gets back to our house, she is all upset that she didn't feel wanted over there. That Sarah only sat and talked with her for a few minutes and then got up and started dinner. Well, hello?? You invited yourself to her house, at around dinnertime no less, and then get all pissy because she needed to start dinner. WTF? (whats that? number 3?)

Anyways, she left around 7:30, much to my relief and we started backroom night, and our trip to Unrest. Much to my surprise Nathan had fallen asleep at 10pm, even with his nap. But much to my dismay, poor Trenton didn't get to sleep til almost 1am.

Sunday morning was a blast. They ran and found all their eggs and their baskets. Then we spent the rest of our time at home, hiding and finding eggs. We went over to my Mom and Dad's for dinner, yummy. Came home and went to bed early, lol.

Last night, when I got home, Scott was in a real foul mood. Asking him what was wrong led to this: MIL called him on his cell phone, as he was picking up the boys from the sitters. It appears her truck had broken down on the other side of town. Remember her commute. 1 1/2 hours each way. The truck has over 150k miles on it, is around 10 years old, has broken down about 4 times in the past 6 months. 3 of those times, she had called Scott to come help her.

She calls and asks if Scott can come on get her. He tells her no, nicely. He has the boys and I am at work, and he is not gonna waste all this time working with getting her to work and her truck towed with the boys around. She starts to get pissy. He flips out on her. Yelling at her to call a tow truck, shes an adult and can take of this stuff herself. Tells her that he thinks Tom is ruining her and her life. Telling her that she needs to move back to town, and she is not allowed to get pissy at people for not wanting to come out to her house. Tells her to get a better vehicle, like the little Kia we showed her that got 50mpg versus that god forsaken truck and wasting near $200 a week on gas (lord that's more than my house payment). And then she hung up on him. Nice, eh?

She is on second shift this week, so lets see what happens this weekend. She if she calls, or see if she feels that both her boys are now against her. You know, I had some problems with Denny (Scott's dad) but those I could get past, lord I wish he was still with us, and we would not have to deal with this shit. He kept her in line.

No comments: