Saturday, August 04, 2012

Time

Time.  It is what I did not have a lot of up until this past week.  I haven't posted at all, because when I did have down time, I would rather play video games and zone out versus having to actually think.  The past four years, between school, work, the boys.....has been very busy.  It got extremely busy in April.


Scott was re-hired out at Chrysler.  On nights.  This made for tons of fun (/sarcasm) with having to do homework, work crazy hours to get my 40, take Nathan to one of 4000 practices, games and tournaments.  I was very tired and cranky.  I broke down several times. A decision had to be made.  One thing had to stop and my choices were either school or work.


I didn't make a lot of money, but we survived on my income.  Scott (with the new "rules" of Chrysler) doesn't make much more than me, but in the end, we decided that a couple more years of living on the slim side, would be worth it in end.  So, as of August 2, I am no longer employed and am embarking on a new quest to finish my degrees.


Yes that says degrees.  When I transferred to Rockford College, I took a lot of credits with me.  I only need approximately 30 credits to get my BS in Math, but I needed 30 more credits so that I could actually get my degree.  So I had to come up with more classes to fill my time.  I decided that I would step it up a notch and double major.  So when I finally graduate college, I will end up with a BS in Math and a BS in Computer Science. 


I have to say that my decision to quit work and focus solely on school has me scared. And excited.  Is it the right decision to make?  Will it be worth it?  How the hell could I quit my job in an economy like this?  The answers will come soon enough I am sure.


Can you believe that Trenton turned 12 yesterday? Ya, neither can I.  He is very excited to now be a pre-teen or tween.  Nathan is 9 now.  He has graduated from speech therapy and is doing really well.  Baseball and Hockey are his life (and mine, or so it seems at times).


For now, that is it.  I will be back with updates from school, kids, life without a job, and EQ2 (have to update that one, and my links to my toons).



No comments: