Thursday, March 08, 2007

Crash

Whenever you hear a loud crash and the house shakes, you should know that it is never a good thing.

Last night, Scott and I were in the front room watching House (gotta love the DVR) and the boys were in our room, supposedly watching cartoons and playing pirates. When all of the sudden we here this really loud crash and the floor and windows rattle. Now our house is older, but we honestly thought it might of been from the industrial park near us, but we were still curious. So we get up and adventure into the bedroom to check on the boys.

Upon entering the room, there is Trenton laying on the bed, my sconce is laying next to him, and there are two wonderful holes in my wall from where the sconce had been. The look of terror on Trenton's face said it all.

Upon asking (several times) exactly what happened, he finally decided to tell us. You see, the sconce, when Trenton is standing on the bed is eye to eye to him, and being the 6 year old boy that he is, he thought it would be really cool to see if he could karate kick it. Unforunately, when he tried this, his foot kinda got stuck in the fancy loops on my sconce, which then made him lose his balance, at which point his butt slammed into the wall and the force of his fall, he pulled the sconce out with his foot.

Scott and I just kinda walked out of the bedroom, told him to go hang out in his room while we talked. The both of us just shaking our heads. What to do? Well, grouding won't work as they are stuck in the house anyways, taking the playstation away wont work, he hasnt played it in a while. Scott suggests writing his spelling words several times, but I say no as then he will begin to hate his words and that would not be a good thing.

I call Trenton into the front room, and we talked to him about being curtious to things that are not yours. Theres a time and place to karate kick things, and in the house is not one of them, yada yada yada. Finally I tell him, I want him to think about what kind of punishment he should get, as Daddy and I were at a loss on what to pick. Gave him 5 minutes.

Now this whole time, this child has looked like any little boy would when getting in trouble. Not upset, just mad at the fact he got caught and really wishes it was over with.

Before his 5 minutes were up, he comes in the front room, with tears starting in his eyes. He tries to tell me all calmly what his punishment should be. "I think," /sniff /sniff "that I should" tears start pouring here, and he starts the suck in his breath thing, trying to talk "lose back room night." By now he is in full crying mode.

Now, back room night, is the boy's fun thing to do on the weekends. At 8pm (normally bedtime), we head to the back room, pick out a movie, get some popcorn, and they get to watch a movie in the dark eating popcorn. 9 times out of 10 they fall asleep halfway through, lol.

Well, I decide that back room might be too harsh, as well, its 2 days away, and I honestly don't think this one fits the crime, as he has been really good this week. So, our decision was that the time has to fit the crime. So he now has 4 additional chores (hurt the house, clean the house) and then of those 4, two he will keep permanently, as it was about time to add to the chore list anyways.

Nathan was so nice to Trenton this whole time, lol. He kept coming up to me and going "Twenton say sorry." and would then follow Trenton around, trying to tell him it was okay. That was too cute.

EQLand: Here was my night last night. Log in Krys, bah. Log in Zym, nah. Log in Arzania, nope. Log in Krys, bleh. Screw it, gonna go watch Lost.

I am hoping this weekend to get back into Unrest and get a ton of screenshots. Can you tell I like this zone? hehe. I also do have a couple little dings. Zephina made 68 Jeweler, just waiting for vitality to come back, should be an easy run to 70. Krys made 170 Transmuting. Zymeria got the new provisioner recipe from Unrest, but I need more whiskey, cant wait to try that one out.

No comments: