Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It is too nice outside

And let me tell you, it does good to wear those two little ones out.

On Saturday, we went to the Burpee Museum here in town and caught a look at Jane, the most complete adolescent T-Rex ever found. Was pretty cool. The boys were really ecstatic over it, especially considering they had just gotten done with a book this week talking about the people who dig up the bones and how they do research on them. Apparently, our little museum, has also found a Triceratops. They had a shoulder bone on display. That thing is huge. I am going to try to keep a watch on that and see how much of the Triceratops they are able to recover. I think that would be a cool display.

I think we spent about an hour and a half there, mulling around looking at things. The only other part of the museum that really grabbed the boys interest was the part with the animals native to our area. That, and they had two live snakes in there as well. The part the fascinated me the most was the history pertaining to this area. We used to be covered in snow and ice (go figure) and that is what shaped the terrain and wore down the mountains. We also have found Mammoth bones and such around here, as well as a few dinosaur bones in the area. That is so very cool.

As for the rest of the weekend, these children did nothing but play outside. The time had no effect on them, as we had worn them out so much that they were asleep at 7:30 Sunday night. The only thing the time change affected was that Trenton yelled at me on Monday morning that it was still nighttime and that he was not going to get up. Hmmm, let me think about that okay?

Scott's comp is acting up again, or it really could just be EQ this time around. He keeps going LD. It's to the point that is about to quit playing. I told him, that I think he might want to delete a few files, let them re patch and if that doesn't work, that he should go for a complete reinstall. And make sure you do that reinstall, before you go to work, because even with cable, it takes a good 12 hours to download everything. Considering the only CD's we have are the original purchase and everything else we have done has been by download.

The other night it was time to go to bed. So I tell the boys to go to the bathroom as I get their water cups. I head into the kitchen, Nathan heads to the bathroom, and Trenton I believe was already in there. Well, no one turned on any lights, why I have no idea. So I filling the cups and I hear two screams, followed by Trenton laughing and Nathan crying. So I run over there to see what the deal is. Apparently Trenton was using the bathroom (with the lights off /boggle). As Nathan was entering the bathroom, Trenton was turning around and they scared the crap out of each other. So, Trenton is laughing his butt off, and Nathan is bawling saying "Trenton scare me" over and over. And here's mom trying not to laugh and comfort the little one, when Trenton all of the sudden pipes up with "Oh my god, Mom, did you hear me scream like a little sissy boy?" That was it, pass the little one to dad and head out where he can't hear me laughing my ass off.

EQland: Okay, Krys and Zym still sitting in the same spot. I did do Unrest the other night and didn't get anything out of it. Which makes me sad, as the run was with Zymeria and The rune-carved bone staff dropped and it was an ffa roll, and I really really want that staff for Krys. :(

Dinged 70 on my jeweler. Now on to my carpenter. I am really really not liking T6, especially for the roots. I don't want to harvest, but I am going to have to bite the bullet and go out there and do just that.

No comments: