Thursday, March 01, 2007

Fine! I will fix it myself

So, I get home on Monday night, and call ATI. Guess what? Customer support was already closed for the day. Flipping nice. So, I start google'ing(hmmm) and searching and find that the errors I am experiencing, can more or less be fixed with using the new catalyst 7.2 drivers.

Upon installing said new drivers, I get another error message, stating that I need to upgrade to .NET framework 2.0. No problem, just go to windows.com and download. So do that. After restart, I start getting an error regarding MOM.implementation. WTF???? Screw it, I am done. Log in EQ2 and see how Scott runs, and he seems fine. Crashed once, but all in all its okay.

Till last night. He crashed about every 20 minutes. So at 10pm last night, after he goes to work, I decided to see what I could do. And seeing ATI has no support (I don't want to wait for email, I am impatient) I go to microsoft and do online support. They tell me I need to contact Emachines. Fine.


Contact Emachines. What a nightmare that was. Damn. The guy spent 20 minutes asking all these questions, and told me to solve my problem, do a system restore. Umm, even if I do a system restore, I still have to upgrade to .NET framework 2.0 and install drivers for the video card. So you think I might end up with the same problem again? Anyways, I was pissed off at this. By now its 11:30 and I am frustrated and in tears and determined to fix this damn thing come hell and high water.


So, screw it. Did a little more google'ing (hmmmm) and decided my course of action. I did the system restore. If you want to believe that. Then before installing anything, I went to microsoft, went for the .net installation first. Oh do this first before downloading .net. Okay. Did that. Did .net install. Ran windows updater and had two fixes for .net to install. Done. Okay, before I mess with anything, lets restart. Restart, no errors, rock on. Create system restore back-up. :)


Next, video card. Go to ATI, download drivers, install drivers. All good so far. Restart. Then on restart the computer does some funky prepare to install, and installs something, and then states that there is new hardware (WTF???) and installs (ready??) the monitor. /boggled.


Okay. WTH, lets do another restart. Reboot like normal, and no error messages. HOT DAMN!!!! Okay, for gits and shiggles, restart again. Again, good restart and no errors, Woohooooo. Now its 1 am and I am dead tired, but again, YAY!


Now lets just see what happens tonight when Scott logs into EQ2.


Exercise: Monday, good. Tuesday, no clue what happened, but no. Wednesday, had to cover phones, so didn't get home until 8.


EQLand: Not much going on. Just been screwing around and have made zero progress on anything. :)


No comments: