Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Shopping is not good for the soul

If you take two young boys with you. I had to take some clothes back to JCP's because they didn't fit the young Trenton. So off we go. All and all it was really simple, turn in clothes, grab new clothes, and heres the shit hit the fan. They had one cashier. ONE. And Nathan is not the type of child to sit still. Oh. My. God. By the time we were done, I had a bear hug type grip on Nathan, and I had sweat literally dripping off my forehead and my neck. It was pure hell.

But, I decided, seeing we had driven all the way out here, we might as well go downstairs and play in the mall play area. Now that was definitely worth it. Nathan ran circles around everyone, laughing and giggling. Trenton was pretending to be spiderman, so he would climb all these things, and then jump like he was using his webs. Well Nathan spied on that and decided he needed to jump off of everything as well. hehehehe. He would climb up, look at me and yell "Mama" and then jump. Now he always landed on his feet, but I'll be damned if everytime, he didn't also land on his face. The feet would hit and then he would just topple over. But he would get right back up.

So as a treat to Trenton I took them to the food court and they had ice cream, or cake as Nathan likes to yell. No idea why he calls it cake, but he does. /shrugs. While we were eating, they came over the intercom and announced the mall would be closing in 15 minutes. Well Trenton didn't hear the whole thing, so he asked me what it said. And I told him, and he freaked out. He gets up and says, "We have to go now before the mall closes and we get locked in!!" and up he was and out we went.

And that was my exciting night in the land of 2nd shift dads. Lord, shopping with Scott around is just sooooo much easier.

No comments: